Vegan Dog Cupcake Recipe (Carrot & PB Pupcakes!)
This dog cupcake recipe (a pupcake recipe, if you will..) is perfect for celebrating your fur-baby’s birthday, adopt-iversary, or pretty much anything! With peanut butter, carrots, and hints of cinnamon, your pooch will go nuts for these simple treats. We made these for our pup’s second birthday, and she practically inhaled hers!
The Perfect PupCake recipe to celebrate your doggy!
A dog’s birthday is a special day for a lot of pet parents. For us, it represents an entire year passing since we adopted our (then) one-year-old puppy girl from the pound. We saw her sitting in the corner of her jail-cell, shaking. She was found on the street, didn’t have a name, and was on the euthanasia list for recurring doggy-cold.
We signed the adoption papers within minutes of meeting her.
I never thought I could simultaneously love and hate one creature so much as I do my puppy princess, Athena. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met! Pure and sweet innocence, she’s absolutely precious!
On the other hand, she might actually be a little goblin creature, sent to steal snacks from the counter and eat out of the trash when daddies aren’t watching. She’s so friendly sometimes, that she comes off a little scary… Jumping, lunging, and aggressively licking to get love from everyone she meets!
Who am I kidding?? Athena is the (other) love of my life, she can do no wrong! Just look at that face!
Since I consider Athena my direct family, I feed her the best quality food possible. While she’s not vegan, everything I make at home for her is whole-food and nutrient-packed for her health! Most fruits and veggies (in moderation), give pets a great vitamin boost! Be sure to check which ones are toxic, though!
Compare different store-bought dog treats and pastries; preservatives, artificial colors, heavily refined oils, and added sugar (yikes!). I want a treat to celebrate my dogs birthday, not shorten her life with something harmful to her health! Am I the only one that thinks there’s no excuse to feed your pet human junk food? That shit is killing us, why would our dogs want it!?
Easy and Healthy Dog Cupcake Recipe for your Pooch!
This perfect Pupcake recipe had to meet several goals;
- Ditch the added sugar, your dogs won’t mind (or notice)!
- Reduce the amount of wheat by using Garbanzo and Oat flours (since too much can upset their tummies)
- These can easily be substituted for more whole-wheat, but (as with any new food) watch for digestive upset
- Switch out any refined oils!
- Coconut oil is by far the healthiest oil for dogs to consume. It is fantastic in aiding with digestion, and helping to produce a beautiful, shiny coat
- Dogs absolutely love the taste of Carrots! The texture and nutrient boost is perfect for a dog cupcake recipe
- Carrots are a fantastic source of Beta-Carotene (the safest and most absorbable form of Vitamin A!)
- Peanut Butter is Athena’s favorite food, so of course she got some in her pupcakes!